On-site Training and Consulting
Registrations / affiliations:
FP&M Seta registration, Department of Labour, Fire Protection Association, Health Professions Council of South Africa, Forestry Industry Training Providers Association
SAFTC provide training that promotes education and upliftment for both literate and illiterate workers in the industry.
Training programs are focused on all facets of theoretical training, skills training and most importantly practical and operational application.
( I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand )
In pursuit of excellence, SAFTC communicates regularly with stakeholders in the forestry and training industries thereby conforming to the latest market requirements and standards, resulting in our premier service delivery in the forestry industry over the years.
SAFTC complies with ALL statutory legal requirements.
SAFTC qualifies as an Exempt Micro Enterprise (EME) and the enterprise is deemed to have a B-BBEE status of “Level Four Contributor” having a B-BBEE procurement recognition of 100%.
All instructors are qualified assessors registered with FP&M Seta
Courses and learnerships are accredited, unit standard aligned and relevant to current industry standards
Following is a summary of training offered :
- Harvesting practices
- Silviculture practices
- Fire prevention and suppression (Wildland and Industrial)
- Vehicle Drivers (Fire tenders, Personnel carriers, Tractors, Trucks, LDV’s etc)
- Plant Operators (Mechanised harvesters, Forwarders, Skidders, Cable Yarders, 3 Wheel Loaders, ADT’s, Haulers, Tractors etc)
- Motorised outdoor power equipment (Chainsaw, Brush cutter, Pole pruner, Auger, Blower etc)
- First aid ( Level 1, 2 and 3 )
- Mechanical and Hydraulic safety and diagnostics
- Forestry learnerships